CESS is pleased to announce that Travel Grants will be offered for both the 2022 Summer Conference in Tashkent and for the 2022 Annual Conference in Bloomington, Indiana.
The deadline for submitting travel grant applications for travel to the 2022 Summer Conference in Tashkent is May 26, 2022. Travel grant applications will continue to be accepted after that date and will be awarded on a rolling basis until travel grant funds are exhausted.
The deadline for submitting travel grant applications for travel to the 2022 Annual Conference in Bloomington is May 31, 2022. Travel grant applications will continue to be accepted after that date and will be awarded on a rolling basis until travel grant funds are exhausted.
These grants are intended to encourage and enable scholars from the Central Eurasia region to participate in global academic networks and the CESS scholarly community.
The grants of between $500 and $1,500 USD are intended to support travel-related expenses (economy airfare, ground transportation, accommodation, visa costs, etc). The grant amount is variable depending on your location (where you reside). Applicants themselves and/or their home institutions must cover any additional expenses.
Grants will be paid either via bank transfer or in cash at the end of the conference upon presentation of 1) a digital copy of the paper presented at the conference and 2) an identification document (e.g. passport).
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria listed below to apply.
Of those who are eligible, priority is given to:
- Early career scholars;
- Applicants who have not previously received a travel grant from CESS;
- Applicants who reside in the Central Eurasian region.
The eligibility criteria are:
- has submitted a proposal for the CESS 2022 Summer/Annual Conference (and which, after the peer review process is accepted);
- is a citizen of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- has a record or holds promise of fostering public discourse in the scholar’s home context;
- has a record or holds promise of advancing institution-building by promoting quality academic scholarship in the scholar’s home context;
- holds promise for a productive scholarly career;
- is capable of executing high quality scholarship in the English language;
- is in financial need.
How to apply (in 2022)
1) Submit your proposal to CESS 2022 by the proposal submission deadline.
2) Complete the online travel grant application form in full by the travel grant submission deadline. Click the buttons above to apply.
The results will be announced on a rolling basis.