CESS is delighted to once again be able to offer travel grants for presenters at our Annual Conference. Applications for the 2021 Annual Conference will open in early 2021. The travel grant application deadline is the same as the conference proposal submission deadline (date TBC).
Please note that travel grants are for the Annual Conference. There is no travel grant or other funding for the Regional Conference.
These grants are intended to encourage and enable scholars from the Central Eurasia region to participate in global academic networks and the CESS scholarly community.
The grants of between $500 and $1,500 USD are intended to support travel-related expenses (economy airfare, ground transportation, accommodation, visa costs, etc). The grant amount is variable depending on your location (where you reside). Applicants themselves and/or their home institutions must cover any additional expenses.
Grants will be paid in cash at the end of the conference upon presentation of 1) a digital copy of the paper presented at the conference and 2) an identification document (e.g. passport).
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria listed below to apply.
Of those who are eligible, priority is given to:
- Early career scholars;
- Applicants who have not previously received a travel grant from CESS;
- Applicants who reside in the Central Eurasian region.
The eligibility criteria are:
- has submitted a proposal for the CESS 2021 Annual Conference (and which, after the peer review process is accepted);
- is a citizen of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- has a record or holds promise of fostering public discourse in the scholar’s home context;
- has a record or holds promise of advancing institution-building by promoting quality academic scholarship in the scholar’s home context;
- holds promise for a productive scholarly career;
- is capable of executing high quality scholarship in the English language;
- is in financial need.
How to apply (Applications now being accepted)
Submit your proposal to CESS 2021 by the proposal submission deadline.
Complete the online travel grant application form (link will be added in early 2021) in full by the travel grant submission deadline.
Late, incomplete or ineligible applications will not be considered.
The results will be announced in July 2021.