The deadline for submitting travel grant applications for travel to the 2023 Annual Conference has now passed.
These grants are intended to encourage and enable scholars from the Central Eurasia region to participate in global academic networks and the CESS scholarly community.
The grants of between $500 and $1,000 USD are awarded to support travel-related expenses (economy airfare, ground transportation, accommodation, visa costs, etc). The grant amount is variable depending on your location (where you reside). Applicants themselves and/or their home institutions must cover any additional expenses.
Grants will be paid either via bank transfer or in cash at the end of the conference upon presentation of 1) a digital copy of the paper presented at the conference and 2) an identification document (e.g. passport).
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria listed below to apply.
Of those who are eligible, priority is given to:
- Applicants who have not previously received a travel grant from CESS;
- Applicants who reside in the Central Eurasian region.
The eligibility criteria are:
- has submitted a proposal for the CESS 2023 Annual Conference (and which, after the peer review process is accepted);
- is a citizen of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- has a record or holds promise of fostering public discourse in the scholar’s home context;
- has a record or holds promise of advancing institution-building by promoting quality academic scholarship in the scholar’s home context;
- holds promise for a productive scholarly career;
- is capable of executing high quality scholarship in the English language;
- is in financial need.