CESS is delighted to once again be able to offer travel grants for presenters at our Annual Conference. Applications for 2019 are now open.
The fixed-amount grants of $1,500 USD are intended to support travel-related expenses (economy airfare, ground transportation, accommodation, visa costs, etc). Applicants themselves and/or their home institutions must cover any additional expenses.
Grants will be paid in cash at the end of the conference upon presentation of 1) a digital copy of the paper presented at the conference and 2) an identification document (e.g. passport).
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
Priority is given to early career scholars and to applicants who have not previously received a travel grant from CESS.
CESS uses the following criteria to make its selections:
- has submitted a proposal for the CESS 2019 Annual Conference that has been accepted;
- is a citizen of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
- has a record or holds promise of fostering public discourse in the scholar’s home context;
- has a record or holds promise of advancing institution-building by promoting quality academic scholarship in the scholar’s home context;
- holds promise for a productive scholarly career;
- is capable of executing high quality scholarship in the English language;
- is in financial need.
How to apply
- Submit your proposal to CESS 2019 by March 31, 2019 (23.59 EST)
- Complete the online travel grant application form in full by April 30, 2019, (23.59 EST).
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The results will be announced at the end of May 2019.